Hans Tutschku (1966) is a composer of instrumental and electroacoustic music. He has furthermore collaborated in film, theatre and dance productions. In 1982 he joined the “Ensemble for intuitive music Weimar” and later studied theatre and composition in Berlin, Dresden, The Hague, Paris, and Birmingham, as well as participated in concert cycles with Karlheinz Stockhausen. Improvisation with electronics has been a core activity over the past 35 years in many different collaborative projects.
He has been working as composition professor and director of the electroacoustic studios at Harvard University since 2004.
He is the winner of many international competitions, among others:
Hanns Eisler Preis, Bourges, CIMESP Sao Paulo, Prix Ars Electronica, Prix Noroit, Prix Musica Nova, ZKM Giga-Hertz, CIME ICEM and Klang!.
In 2005 he received the culture prize of the city of Weimar.
Besides his regular courses at the university, he has taught international workshops for musicians and non-musicians on aspects of art appreciation, listening, creativity, composition, improvisation, live-electronics, and sound spatialization in more than 20 countries.
- « 9 Trajectoires », a CD box by Ina GRM 2018
- Auf Abwegen – DegeM-CD15 2017
- Firmament – empreintes DIGITALes 2015
- Computer Music Journal Sound Anthology
- 30 Jahre Inventionen
- ICMC 2009
- CIMESP 14th international Electroacoustic Music Contest of Sao Paulo
- Musik in Deutschland 1950-2000 , Deutscher Musikrat
- Migration – Arizona University Recordings LLC, AUR CD 3134 2007
- “Für Kommende Zeiten” – Ensemble für Intuitive Musik Weimar plays Karlheinz Stockhausen
- DVD – 50 Jahre TU Studio Berlin
- Klangreise – Ensemble für Intuitive Musik Weimar (EFIM) 2004
- Computer Music Journal – Volume 27, 2003
- 15.+16. Tage Dresdner Tage Zeitgenössischer Musik
- Compendium International – IMEB Bourges 2000
- Presence II – Productions électro Productions (PeP) 2000
- MOMENT – empreintes DIGITALes 2000
- eXcitations – empreintes DIGITALes 2000
- Prix Ars Electronica Linz – 1998
- Ausbruch Aufbruch – DegeM-CD04 1998
- Prix International Noroit – Léonce Petitot 1998
- electroNIquE, CD for the opening of the electronic studios at the University Singapore
- CIMESP Sao Paulo – 1995
- Ausbruch der Klänge – Ensemble für Intuitive Musik Weimar in Mexico City 1994
- Stimmen…Klänge – DegeM-CD01 1994